I cannot believe this weekend is already Father’s Day! Where does the time go? Growing up, my Dad had two goals for his three girls: get a college degree and make enough money so you don’t have to depend on someone else. He showed me by example how to be a leader, hard worker and person who never gives up. He taught me how to be an entrepreneur and how to have good business sense. I look up to him in so many ways and I am so grateful to have him in my life.
When considering options, I always try to gift people with products that are a little bit better for the giftee and for the environment. If you aren’t sure where to begin, here are some great ideas to get for all the dads, husbands, and grandfathers in your life!
- Baseball Cap: I don’t know about you, but I love it when guys wear hats! Tim and my dad wear them all the time, so this one is the perfect gift! The best part? It’s made from organic cotton canvas.
- Organic T-shirt: Graphic tees are a must for warm, summer days. Perfect for lounging in or paired with a blazer and jeans for a polished look, he’ll love the comfy feel of this 100% organic cotton T-shirt.
- Hair Care Products: There are so many fantastic hair care lines out there. Pamper Dad with this hair balm and know that the product is phthalate-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free and made with organic scented materials.
- Grilling Set: Every time my family gets together, my Dad is at the grill! A few years ago, we surprised him with a new one for Father’s Day. It was one of the best gifts we ever bought him. If your Dad’s the grilling king and master of the BBQ, imagine the look on his face when he opens up this set! Made of 18/10 stainless steel, Dad will be firing up the grill in style.
- Organic Jeans: Made in Italy, these ethical jeans are cut from organic denim and dyed with natural indigo. They are made by artisans and free from permanganates, sand blasting and nickel.
- Food Flask: Whether he’s packing his lunch for work or hiking in the mountains, Dad will love this insulated food flask. Made from professional grade stainless steel, this bpa-free, phthalate-free container will keep his foods the perfect temperature. They come in so many different colors and sizes, so you’re sure to find the perfect one for your special guy.
- Wallet: Wallets are one of those items that get a lot of wear, but not a lot of care in return. If your dad is in need of a new wallet, this sturdy, vegan leather one is the perfect gift for him!
- Organic Wood Watch: Made with real stone and organic wood, this watch is designed with love for the Earth and care for the person wearing it. Just like the dad, husband or granddad in your life, it is truly a unique find and no two are ever alike.
- Suitcase: When we were growing up, we barely made it out of the driveway before my dad would have to pull over and say, “This can be a good time or a bad time. Your decision.” 😉 Traveling can be stressful, so help Dad stay organized with this aluminum packing case. With flex-divider systems and an add-a-bag holder, Dad will be navigating the airport with ease!
- Sneakers: I honestly think a great pair of sneakers can go with everything from casual to dress. I love the masculine look of these black ones and the minimalist style of this pair. The company manufactures their shoes using organic and fair trade cotton for the canvas, and wild and fair trade rubber for the soles.
- Tooling Pen: Tim and my dad can’t get enough of tools! They have so many different ones, but they always like getting new ones as gifts. Perfect for the on-the-go handyman in your life, this six-in-one pen comes with a ruler, level, cross and flathead screwdrivers and a touchscreen stylus. The company is committed to sustainability, so you know you’re supporting an eco-friendly business!
Below are a few more of my recent finds. If you already bought an environmentally-friendly gift for that special man in your life, please share it with us in the comments below. We promise we won’t tell!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads and Grandfathers!